Religious Sites of Scotland
Although the featured attractions, sites and landmarks are always chosen by me, I have made a serious effort to differentiate 4 levels:
- (***) This is, for whatever reason, a very personal favourite! Will definitely be on my itinerary! Could possibly be disappointing for someone else though.
- (**) A major must-see tourist attraction that you can find in many a brochure.
- (*) Worth seeing and possibly interesting if you happen to be in the vicinity.
- (-) A hefty dollop of imagination is a must, but it might be interesting if you know the background.
1 - England (Cumbria & Northumberland)
2 - Lothian & Scottish Borders
- Dryburgh Abbey ***
- Jedburgh Abbey ***
- Kelso Abbey **
- Ladykirk Church *
- Melrose Abbey ***
- St Mary´s Church *
- Swinton Kirk *
- Dundrennan Abbey **
- St Ninian's Cave **
- St Ninian's Chapel *
- Sweetheart Abbey ***
- Whithorn Dig and Priory **
4 - Ayrshire & Arran (Coming!)
5 - Edinburgh
6 - Glasgow & The Clyde (Coming!)
7 - Fife & St Andrews (Coming!)
8 - Loch Lomond, Stirling & The Trossachs
10 - Perth(shire), Angus & Dundee
11 - Fort William, Ben Nevis & Lochaber
13 - Aviemore & The Cairngorms
---> Battle Sites