BC in Scotland
Although the featured attractions, sites and landmarks are always chosen by me, I have made a serious effort to differentiate 4 levels:
- (***) This is, for whatever reason, a very personal favourite! Will definitely be on my itinerary! Could possibly be disappointing for someone else though.
- (**) A major must-see tourist attraction that you can find in many a brochure.
- (*) Worth seeing and possibly interesting if you happen to be in the vicinity.
- (-) A hefty dollop of imagination is a must, but it might be interesting if you know the background.
4 - Ayrshire & Arran (Coming!)
5 - Edinburgh
6 - Glasgow & The Clyde (Coming!)
7 - Fife & St Andrews (Coming!)
9 - Argyll The Isles
18 - Orkney Islands
- Broch of Gurness / Isle of Mainland ***
- Maeshowe Chambered Cairn / Isle of Mainland ***
- Ring of Brodgar / Isle of Mainland ***
- Skara Brae Prehistoric Village / Isle of Mainland ***
- Tomb of the Eagles / Isle of South Ronaldsay ***
19 - Shetland Islands