Museums of Scotland
Although the featured attractions, sites and landmarks are always chosen by me, I have made a serious effort to differentiate 4 levels:
- (***) This is, for whatever reason, a very personal favourite! Will definitely be on my itinerary! Could possibly be disappointing for someone else though.
- (**) A major must-see tourist attraction that you can find in many a brochure.
- (*) Worth seeing and possibly interesting if you happen to be in the vicinity.
- (-) A hefty dollop of imagination is a must, but it might be interesting if you know the background.
3 - Dumfries & Galloway
4 - Ayrshire & Arran (Coming!)
5 - Edinburgh
- John Knox House **
- Museum of Edinburgh *
- National Museum of Scotland **
- National War Museum ***
- Scottish National Gallery ***
- Scottish National Portrait Gallery ***
6 - Glasgow & The Clyde (Coming!)
7 - Fife & St Andrews (Coming!)
18 - Orkney Islands
19 - Shetland Islands