Stevenson Way (incl. GPX!)
Distance: 370 km Grade: 5 (Tough)
A true wilderness walk based on the book Kidnapped by Robert Louis Stevenson and only for the experienced hill walker who knows how to use a map and compass. Be prepared for remote and wild landscapes with little or no accommodation! If you think you can do it....think again...and again! This one is tough!
The route itself covers a wide variety of terrain and while Robert Louis Stevenson gives some excellent detail e.g. the island of Erraid, much of the book is quite vague which gives great scope for a variety of routes!
Starting from Erraid on Mull (with Rannoch Moor the hardest sections of the walk), and passing through various places mentioned in the book and stunning landscapes, the walker finishes in a pub in Edinburgh.
Stages (on the map):
As for the 'doability' of the different stages, please check with https://www.stevensonway.org.uk/index.php
- Erraid - Ardalanish 12 km
- Ardalanish - Carsaig 22 km
- Carsaig - Lochbuie 9 km
- Lochbuie - Fishnish 33 km
- Fishnish - Kingairloch 32 km
- Kingairloch - Ardgour/Corran Ferry (25 km)
- Ardgour - Duror (18 km)
- Duror - Stile NN095513 (15 km)
- Stile NN095513 - A82 (9 km)
- A82 - Kinlochleven (13 km)
- Kinlochleven - Corrour Station (24 km)
- Corrour Station - Bridge of Gaur (35 km)
- Bridge of Gaur (Balquhidder (73 km)
- Balquhidder - Doune (41 km)
- Doune - Stirling (15 km)
- Stirling - Culross (26 km)
- Culross - South Queensferry (25 km)