East Highland Way (incl. GPX!)
With Heritage Path!
Distance: 128 km Grade: 3 (Moderate)
A 7-stage unmarked walk with an overall difficulty grading of 3 (Moderate) from Fort William to Aviemore. As this trail includes pathless sections.....how are your navigation skills? There may also be scree and minor scrambling. The East Highland Way starts out from Fort William and runs to Aviemore connecting the West Highland Way, the Great Glen Way and the Cape Wrath Trail to the Scottish National Trail and the Speyside Way.
The trail passes through forests and quiet wilderness and skirts unspoilt marshlands. You will see the last remnants of the ancient Caledonian forests of Inshriach and Loch-an-Eilean Castle, a ruinous reminder of warring times long past.
Stages (on the map):
- Fort William - Spean Bridge 19 km (Easy)
- Spean Bridge - Inverlair 16,5 km (Slightly harder)
- Inverlair - Feagour 35 km (Easy)
- Feagour - Laggan 8,5 km (Easy)
- Laggan - Newtonmore 15,5 km (Moderate)
- Newtonmore - Kincraig 24,5 km (Slightly harder)
- Kincraig - Aviemore 16,5 km (Easy)