Borders Abbeys Way (incl. GPX!)
Distance: 107 km Grade: 2 (Slightly harder)
A 5-stage circular walk with an overall difficulty grading of 2 (Slightly harder) in the very heart of the Scottish Borders. There are sections where the path may be indistinct and navigation skills are required. There is no better way
to visit historic towns and villages of the Borders than following this circular trail.
Abbey's, museums, battlefields, towers, castles and always the beautiful and (now) tranquil countryside that is so typically Scottish Borders. At Melrose a number of trails converge: The Scottish National Trail, the Southern Upland Way and the St Cuthbert's Way. Enjoy your walk!
Stages (on the map):
- Jedburgh - Hawick 20,75 km (Easy)
- Hawick - Selkirk 19,75 km (Easy)
- Selkirk - Melrose 16,75 km (Slightly harder)
- Melrose - Kelso 28,5 km (Easy)
- Kelso - Jedburgh 21 km (Easy)