Cross Borders Drove Road (incl. GPX!)
Distance: 82 km Grade: 2 (Slightly harder)
This trail is generally well waymarked but sometimes intersects with quite a few of other local paths. This can cause confusion so it’s important to carry a map.
Winding its way along tracks and informal paths over the rolling hills and through the sheltered glens and woodland of the Tweed Valley, the Cross Borders Drove Road offers great variety in scenery, surfacing, cultural and other interest. From purple heather-cloaked grouse moor and idyllic glens where the drovers stopped for a wee dram.
Stages (on the map):
- Hawick - Middlestead 17 km (Easy)
- Middlestead - Traquair 16 km (Easy)
- Traquair - Peebles 14 km (Slightly harder)
- Peebles - West Linton 21 km (Easy)
- West Linton - Harperrig 14 km (Easy)