A 7-stage 116 km walk with an overall difficulty grading of 2 (Slightly harder).
The Speyside Way runs between Buckie on the Moray Firth and Aviemore at the very heart of Strathspey, following the valley of the River Spey for much of the way. The route passes through some of Scotland's most beautiful
landscapes; by rivers and mountains, over moorland and along forest paths. The trail is well waymarked, but there is no avoiding the hillier section between Ballindalloch and Grantown on the south side of the valley.
This trail connects with the Moray Coast Trail at Buckie, the Dava Way at Grantown-on-Spey and the East Highland Way at Kincraig.
- Buckie - Fochabers 17,5 km (Grade:1-Easy)
- Fochabers - Craigellachie 20 km (Grade:2-Slightly harder)
- Craigellachie - Ballindalloch 19,5 km (Grade:1-Easy)
- Tomintoul Spur: Cragganmore to Tomintoul 25 km (Grade:3-Moderate)
- Ballindalloch - Grantown-on-Spey 23,25 km (Grade:2-Slightly harder)
- Grantown-on-Spey - Boat of Garten 17,5 km (Grade:1-Easy)
- Boat of Garten - Aviemore 9 km (Grade:1-Easy)
- Aviemore - Kincraig 10,5 km (Grade:1-Easy)