A 7-stage walk with an overall difficulty grading of 4 (Hard!). The Skye Trail includes pathless sections calling for more careful navigation!! There may be scree and minor scrambling. Do take care! This stunning trail with a total length of 128 km includes the finest mountain and coastal scenery like the Trotternish Ridge and the jagged Cuillin Hills.
Coastal cliffs, steep trails and the haunting ruins of deserted villages destroyed in the infamous Highland Clearances.......you will see them all!
The trail is not waymarked (some sections do not even have paths) and is strictly for the experienced hillwalker! It is devised for those who prefer to get well away from the beaten track and have already gained wide experience of Scottish hillwalking.
- Rubha Hunish - Flodigarry 11,5 km (Grade: 3-Moderate)
- Flodigarry - The Storr 28,5 km (Grade: 4-Hard)
- The Stor - Portree 14 km (Grade: 3-Moderate)
- Portree - Sligachan via the Braes 19 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)
- Sligachan - Elgol 18 km (Difficulty: (Grade: 3-Moderate)
- Elgol - Torrin 16,5 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)
- Torrin - Broadford 20 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)