Skye Trail + GPX
Distance: 128 km Grade: 4 (Hard)
Winding road in the Quiraing Skye / Yoshi Nakanishi
© Copyright Jim Barton and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence.
This is a 7-stage hard (!!) walk. The Skye Trail includes pathless sections calling for more careful navigation!! At times you will have to engage in some hard core scrambling Do take care! The trail with a total length of 128 km includes the finest mountain and coastal scenery like the Trotternish Ridge and the jagged Cuillin Hills.
Coastal cliffs, steep trails and the haunting ruins of deserted villages destroyed in the infamous Highland Clearances.
The trail is not waymarked (sometimes there is no path at all!) and is strictly for the experienced hillwalker! It is devised for those who prefer to get well away from the beaten track and have already gained wide experience of Scottish hillwalking.
Stages (on the map):
- Rubha Hunish - Flodigarry 11,5 km (Moderate)
- Flodigarry - The Storr 28,5 km (Hard)
- The Stor - Portree 14 km (Moderate)
- Portree - Sligachan via the Braes 19 km (Slightly harder)
- Sligachan - Elgol 18 km (Difficulty: (Moderate)
- Elgol - Torrin 16,5 km (Slightly harder)
- Torrin - Broadford 20 km (Slightly harder)