A 5-stage circular walk with an overall difficulty grading of 3 (Moderate). The terrain will at times be somewhat steep and map reading skills are essential.
The Cateran Trail is a fully waymarked 104 km route through glorious Perthshire and the Angus glens in the heart of Scotland.
It follows old drove roads and ancient tracks across a varied terrain of farmland, forests and moors. Some of these routes follow the same ones used by the fearsome cattle thieves (Caterans) who raided Strathardle, Glenshee and Glen Isla from the Middle Ages to the 17th century and for whom the Trail is named.
- Blairgowrie - Kirkmichael 24,25 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)
- Kirkmichael - Spittal of Glenshee 13 km (Grade: 3-Moderate)
- Spittal of Glenshee - Glenisla 23,5 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)
- Glenisla - Alyth 17 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)
- Alyth - Blairgowrie 26,25 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)