Loch Lomond & Cowal Way (incl. GPX!)
Distance: 90 km Grade: 3 (Moderate)
A 6-stage 90 km moderately difficult walk. The terrain will at times be somewhat steep and map reading skills could come in handy. The Loch Lomond & Cowal Way is Scotland’s most diverse long distance footpath. Running the length of the Cowal Peninsula and passing through some of the most beautiful and varied landscape in the Highlands. The route makes use of existing footpaths, forestry tracks, hillsides, quiet roads and traditional rights of way.
The views are varied and stunning, including shorelines, forests, hills and lochs. This quiet and waymarked path also connects with the Three Lochs Way at Arrochar and almost with the West Highland Way which runs along the eastern side of Loch Lomond.
Stages (on the map):
- Portavadie - Tighnabruaich 10,5 km (Easy)
- Tighnabruaich - Glendaruel 18,25 km (Slightly harder)
- Glendaruel - Strachur 25,5 km (Slightly harder)
- Strachur - Lochgoilhead 14,5 km (Moderate)
- Lochgoilhead - Arrochar 14,5 km (Moderate)
- Arrochar - Inveruglas 7,75 km (Easy)