Arran Coastal Way
This is a 7-stage circular walk with an overall difficulty grading of 4 (Hard) around beautiful Arran. This walk includes
pathless sections calling for more careful navigation!! There may be scree and minor scrambling.
The Arran Coastal Way is one of Scotland’s ‘Great Trails’. It is a circular route and starts and finishes at Brodick.
The “ACW” offers a wonderful, sometimes very challenging experience and takes you around the coastal fringe of Arran’s mountainous north (Lochranza), south to Lagg (Kilmory) and ‘up’ again back to Brodick.
The ACW is a “must-do”! Highly recommended!
- Brodick - Sannox 11,75 km (Grade: 1-Easy)
- Sannox - Lochranza 15,75 km (Grade: 3-Moderate)
- Lochranza - Imachar 14,5 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)
- Imachar - Blackwaterfoot 16,25 km (Grade: 1-Easy)
- Blackwaterfoot - Lagg/Kilmory 12,25 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)
- Lagg/Kilmory - Whiting Bay 15,25 km (Grade: 4-Hard)
- Whiting Bay - Brodick 18,5 km (Grade: 2-Slightly harder)